How to tell when it’s time to toss outdated inventory and get a shipment of new people in your life:
(1) When you talk to someone, you feel drained afterward.
(2) You seem to have less motivation as the days, weeks and months go by.
(3) You stop seeking ways to grow.
(4) You feel inadequate about your appearance.
(5) You feel more powerless. You find yourself saying, “I can’t…” more often.
(6) You realize you’re not getting out to do new things and meet new people.
(7) You get increasingly frustrated with where you live and/or where you work.
What if these people are also your family? Or if they’re important to your own family? That’s beyond my scope. Time for your own personal equivalent of Dr. Phil.