As the year winds down, many of us feel like we ought to be doing something— and we wonder if we can hire someone to speed the path to success. What’s the likelihood that an investment will pay off?
Well, before you cut off a slice of cake…er, coaching, read on.
1. Past Experience . How have you made changes in the past? Did you consult a counselor or are you a firm do-it-yourselfer? Do you benefit expertise or do you genuinely believe, “All I ever needed I learned from my cat?” If you’ve always been a pie person, are you ready for cake now?
2. Choice. A craving for chocolate won’t be satisfied by a big slice of carrot cake. And if you’re starting a business, a need for sharp analysis won’t be satisfied by a motivational coach.
3. Space. If you’re supposed to be on a diet, how will you feel after you’ve eaten three slices with extra icing? And if you know you need to move but keep getting distracted…same outcome When you freely, joyously invest time and money in your next move, you’ll probably experience few regrets.
4. Formula. For a special occasion, you place a special order. For your own career, don’t accept one-size-fits-all canned programs
5. Try a bite! Until you’ve tasted, you won’t know if you want a second helping. And once you realize you like cinnamon better than chocolate, you’ll know what to ask for.
My own offerings are here.